This is a big catch-up post since I've been behind in the blogging world. Most of this can be attributed to starting my Erika Jackson Photography blog and working on my soon to be released website. I'm really going to try and make wedding photography at least a steady side job so spread the word if you know anyone who needs a wedding photographer!
But pictures for this post come from pumpkin carving from two weeks ago, our friends' visit from last weekend and Halloween this weekend! Next weekend we are back in MO to both be in a wedding, which we are really excited about. (I've posted about visiting them before - matt & emily, the boston couple!)
Anyway, so on with the pictures!
I'm still all excited about getting married so I made "The Jacksons" pumpkin. Jake carved the Obama symbol. Apparently it wasn't such a unique idea, I've seen so many all over facebook!
Then Megan and Andrew arrived which was such a treat. We took them wine tasting on Thursday and had a blast.
Then we went to Berkeley on Friday and visited the Scharfen Berger Chocolate Factory. Jake and Andrew had to wear beard masks, which was funny.
Then it was on to traditional SF landmarks like the curviest street in the world and the cable cars.
Sunset bike riding across the Golden Gate Bridge!
So that is the last picture from their visit because unfortunately Andrew became terribly ill with the flu on Friday night and we spent the weekend nursing him back to health - but we learned that we have a trusty and capable ER here in Davis, so that's a bonus! Note to people potentially getting the flu: don't go wine tasting the day before and become extremely dehydrated. Who knew? But Andrew recovered and we had a nice relaxing weekend with them in Davis.
On to Halloween!!! I mean, Tina Fey shouldn't be the only one getting to have all the fun.
The sash says "MISS WASILLA". I'm guessing that Sarah Palin must have been one of the most common costumes this year.
Jake bought me all these props - this fake rifle, an American flag lapel pin. He doesn't joke around when it comes to Halloween....
...which is obvious in his choice of outfit. The kid goes all the way. He did Michael Phelps proud :)
Our friends had a great party (the host, Jenn - aka Kermit the frog - was actually born in Columbia, MO but moved to CA when she was less than 1 year old and her parents went to Mizzou! How random!?).
It looks like I am shooting him. That wasn't the plan. I don't think Palin has anything against Phelps.
3 comments:
I do think Sarah Palin was pretty popular. I knew 2 others that dressed up like her. Jon says the real question is not "who dressed like Palin" but "who did Palin dress up as?" Think about that! Love all the pumpkins. You are talented carvers. We carved a week too early, so they were all mold-nasty. I thought the Obama sign was a sunset...I am a republican clearly...
You do make a pretty good Sarah Palin! It's about the glasses, dark hair, and french twist. Love it! And love that we're still all dressing up for Halloween, the fun never gets old :)
Also, I love the picture you took wine tasting of the ends of the barrels. Very cool.
And now I want to go wine tasting!!!
hey Erika!!! very creative costumes! You make a great Sarah Palin! Awesome job on the pumpkins too by the way! I want to come to Cali to see you and go to San Fran!! how fun would that be???
Post a Comment