Saturday, September 06, 2008
the perfect pair of shoes
I delight in shopping for shoes. This is not because I enjoy shoes in the slightest. If you know me well, you know that birkenstocks are on my feet 99.9% of the time. So I'm not into shoes, but I am into shoe shopping. The reason? I have a personal shoe attendant with me at all stores. Each and every time I go shoe shopping Jake comes along. He comes along because he spent 6 years selling shoes in high school and college and so he know a lot about shoes. Each store we go to I casually look for things that I might like while he scours the store looking for exactly what I need. I find a seat, and he proceeds to bring me 4-8 pairs of shoes. He places each shoe on my foot, gets it situated (which may mean lacing the entire pair up) and then proceeds with the does-it-fit-perfectly examination. He's a tough critic and so am I, so this process usually lasts an entire day. I secretly feel like Cinderella all day long :)
These were found at the end of one such shoe-shopping-days. I wanted a simple, satin, white shoe without any andornments so it would match my dress. This is not easy to find. But eventually they were found and they are perfect!! I'm especially glad that you all get a chance to see them on here because, I acknowledge, the likelihood of anyone seeing my shoes on my actual wedding day is slim to none. So thanks for checking in!


2 comments:
Those are perfect! I didnt know that Jake was the shoe shopping man. That is so great. Jon would never shoe shop with me, but its because I would spend a small fourtune. Maybe having a tougher critic would be helpful!
I love those!! They are beautiful. And what a sweet way to bond with your Hubs - over shoes!! :) Can't wait to see you next weekend.
Post a Comment