Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A couple of weekends in a row...

This is a quick, late night post since I realized everyone else has been doing better at posting than me :) School is super busy right now - I'm preparing for a couple conferences in the next few weeks so it's a whirlwind. But, we have managed to have some fun the last few weekends.

Last weekend we went to Monterey, CA for a Sociology of Education conference. Jake presented and did a fantastic job. I just went, drank wine, and enjoyed the conference and the views. The first night a big storm rolled in which provided some fine sunset views.


Jake made a new friend. This sweet little dog was absolutely adorable and made Jake want one real, real bad.



The drive home was fantastic. The rolling green hills had spots of sunlight but were mostly shaded by the clouds. Who knew that hwy 680 was such a delight?!?




This weekend was the annual bike parade in Davis. We were shooting for the Guinness Book of World Records to beat Taipei. We more than doubled last year's attendance but were still a little less than 100 bikes shy of taking the record. Full story here.





Yesterday was a treat for me. I took a short study break and went over to Sacramento for the annual Cameilla show. Yes, I'm an old lady who goes to flower shows by herself. Some of these blooms were just really fantastic!



That's it for now out here. This week we are trying to decide whether we want to move, so pics to come if we end up somewhere new. Our weather has been particularly wonderful so if you folks in CoMo need a break come on out and we'll warm you up out here!

3 comments:

jess said...

Where do you want to move, COLORADO?? :)

April said...

Those flowers are beautiful! And I love the pic of the storm rolling in over the ocean...gorgeous! Good luck with your busy school schedule and conferences!

Liz said...

Looks so pretty. We had some nice days up in Portland too. where are you moving??