Sunday, January 06, 2008

The big holiday report!!

Finally - time and electricity to post about our wonderful trip to Missouri!! We spent almost two weeks at home with our friends and family and I loved every minute of it. There wasn't a calm second in Columbia due to my grandma's husband going into the hospital on the 22nd, my grandpa going in on Christmas night and my grandma going in on the 26th. Thankfully grandma Felts and grandpa Quinley are doing well and recovering. Unfortunately Grandma's husband, Bob, passed away on the 1st. He will be greatly missed. It was great to be able to be home though during this busy time. Unfortunately being so busy meant that I missed seeing lots of my Columbia friends - next time we'll make it work for sure.

So, without further adieu, on to the pics!!

Jake got me a star filter for my camera for Christmas and I love it. Doesn't it make the tree look festive?!


Another holiday gift was waking up to a snow covered Columbia!! This was such a treat. I love not having to deal with snow on a daily basis but I do miss the beauty it provides.


Three generations come together for Christmas at Jake's grandparents' home. It was great to see all of his side of the family.




Columbia included lots of ping pong. I worked on action photography when not playing!




Christmas presents had to be postponed until the 28th since we were at the hospital all previous evenings. Our patience payed off however!


Did I ever mention that I have an adorable nephew?




Quinn loves with Grandpa plays the "tar".






Luckily the Quinley family Christmas lasted all day and all night so I got to catch the tail end on our way in from StL. I have some beautiful cousins - and have always hated being the only brunette :)

Quinn didn't quite know how to feel about the electronic helicopter. As you can tell from the photo it had just come a little too close!!

We did get to see some friends while we were home - a quick drink here and there in between hospital visits!



New Year's Eve was a blast. We had a slow relaxing dinner with 20 friends in downtown St Louis. The food was amazing, and it was great to see friends in from Boston, New Haven, Chicago, Kansas City, Bloomington & St. Louis!




So I'm not very good at Cranium :(

1 comment:

Liz said...

Wow, sounds like your time home was really crazy! We are sad we missed you, but cant wait to see you in May! My little girl will be so big then. Big change from when she was just 2 months old the last time you saw her. I love the star lens. That is cool. We have a Wii now, and I always think about you and Jake in those pics from way back when, when you got yours. Love you!